11/7/08

Cake and Food pics

I forgot to post this picture of the cake I made for my familyt gathering:





Looks scrumptious doesn't it? I made cupcakes and mini cheesecakes as well, but I didn't get a chance to get a picture of them.

I've been trying to find a class for cake decorating. Yep, I've tried my local Michael's and AC Moore. Both retailers offer the class, however none are convinent for me. So I'll keep looking, until then I'll practice on my own.


Here are pics of food the gathering had to offer:







There wasn't much leftover. In fact, there was barely enough for people to take home. I guess that's a good sign that the food was good.
I think for the next gathering I'll try making another dish in addition to a cake.
Oh, my cousin is planning to have a little something for her birthday in January. I offered to make her a cake and some cupcakes. I think I like baking........or maybe it's the opportunity to practice cake decorating.
Peace, Blessings and Laughs