I will be the topic of this week's Thursday Thirteen. I'll reveal 13 things about myself. Without further ado:
1. I was born and raised in Washington DC. I moved to the suburbs of MD my freshman year of high school. I doubt if I’ll ever move back into DC. Frankly speaking the prices for homes are too high for what little you get.
2. I attended Norfolk State University my first few years of college. Then I came home and attended Bowie State University. I also briefly attended Prince George’s Community College. And now I’m at the University of Maryland University College (UMUC). For the past two years or so, I’ve been taking only online classes. And I’m loving the flexibility.
3. My favorite flower is tulip. Actually I'm not much of a flower person, but my preference of flowers is the tulip. I also like lilies, orchids and iris. And probably would prefer them over roses as well.
4. My favorite color is blue. I also like green, orange, purple and brown. But if I had to choose one color to wear everyday it would be blue.
5. I am the oldest and only girl. My mother has me and my two brothers. And my father has me and my three brothers. (I have 2.5 brothers)
6. I am shy. Most people that know me don't and wouldn't believe this to be true but it is. If I were in a room of people I didn't know, guess where you'd find me? On the wall with a drink or some food.
7. I love to shop. What woman doesn't right. Every now and again I go over board, like Christmas. I try to start early and finish by the first week of December. But it never fails that the week before Christmas, I'm in the stores again buying items for my nieces or husband as if I don't have enough stuff for them already.
8. I'm a huge fan of R&B music. My favorite artist range from Pattie Labelle, Natalie Cole, Aretha Franklin to the likes of more modern day artist such as Anthony Hamilton, Chrisette Michelle, Brian McKnight and Mary J Blige.
9. I'm conservative when it comes to dressing. Although I'm a fan from afar of many of the current fashion trends, I wouldn't wear them. I prefer items that transcend time, like classic black pumps and black suits and A line skirts.
10. I’m a homebody. I like to go out and party, but for the most part, you can catch me at home curled up in bed watching tv or a movie.
11. I love the summertime. I get to dress flirty with my skirts and sandals. If I had to choose where to live, my preference would be someplace that’s hot all the time.
12. I love crabcakes. I could eat a good one every other day. Currently my favorite place to get them from is RedSky in Laurel, MD. If you are ever in PG County, stop thru. They have a crab salad that is really good.
13. I love the movie THE WIZ. I can watch it over and over and over and over again. My favorite character of the movie is the wicked witch Eviline played by Mabel King.
Peace, Blessings and Laughs