1/24/09

No Spend February

I'm officially declaring February a no spend month for me. These past few days have been quite costly. Let's see, I purchased the complete series for HBO's The Wire, I paid for my spring semester course, and I signed up for AAA. I wont mention the household items I purchased as well. Yeah, I need at least a month of no spending. And now that I think about it, this month has been an expensive one with Hubby's birthday and all, even though it was planned for.

I've never been one to adhere to a strict budget; instead opting to be mindful of how much I spend and what I spent money on. Pacing my expenditures works best for me. But next month I'm gonna go cold turkey and limit my spending.

These are the items I vow to not purchase during the month of February:

clothes
shoes
accesories
dvd's
cd's
hair products
household - unless we are completely out

There are seven days left in the month, and I'll try to begin Monday. I don't expect to spend much the rest of this weekend, although I might go out tonight and I'm meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow.

Everyday I'll do a post and detail what if any monies were spent.

Wish my luck!

Peace, Blessings and Laughs