Vacation recap

Ok, so I have a few minutes to spare. Let me briefly and quickly recap my Mexico vacation.

We left Saturday morning with no real major issues to report. Although we allowed a salesman to waste about 20 minutes of our time when we first arrived in Mexico. He was trying to get us to attend a timeshare presentation.
The drive to the resort was about 45-50 minutes, and the driver barely spoke English. The check in process when we arrived at our resort was fine, no delay or problems. That evening we didn’t do much but relax, unwind and walk thru the resort. Although it was dark we snapped a few pics…..LOL

The first full day, we got an early morning call 8 am from our resort rep reminding us to meet her at 12 noon for a little chit chat. She told us about some excursions and let us know when to check for our pick up information for our departure. We then had lunch and went to the beach and pool.

Tuesday we pretty much relaxed and spent time on the beach and pool side again. Tuesday night the featured entertainment was Moulin Rouge. The group did good and I enjoyed the show.

Wednesday we rode ATV’s, and got so dirty it was a mess………..I mean my black eyebrows were brown from all the dirt and dust…….it was funny. But I had a good time. Wednesday night was the Michael Jackson show. The backup dancers were really good, although Michael look-a-like was abit stiff.

Thursday Mister went scuba diving in the morning while I laid around. Then we had lunch, went to the beach where I kayaked for the first time. Now, I can’t swim so I was too scared to venture beyond the barriers.

Friday we did the Tulum tour. There weren’t as many stone buildings as I thought. But the beach was beautiful. This was a half day activity, so once we got back we grabbed a bite to eat and headed down to 5th Avenue. And can I just say it was much more than I expected. I was thinking we were headed to a little flea market, but to my surprise there were countless stores, they even had a Johnny Rockets and Starbucks. We walked around for about 3 hours before catching a cab back to the resort.

Saturday morning we bid farewell to our room and the resort as we headed back home. The first leg of the trip was cool, but the second………man this lady behind us complained so dang on much I wanted to slap the taste out of her mouth.

And then Sunday, well I had a list of things I wanted to get done, but all I did was lay around the house all dang on day. And now that Monday is gone, I’m hoping today (Tuesday) and tomorrow will go by quickly. But it aint even noon yet!

Hope you are having a splendid Tuesday!

Peace, Blessings and Laughs

No comments: