1/3/10

2009 Resolutions review

So the top of last year (2009) I posted these as some of my New Year resolutions and how I faired with each:

*Savings – I started this some months ago, so I plan to continue and attempt to step it up a notch if possible. I stayed on top of this, I can honestly say with each paycheck I transferred money to two accounts one of which I would have to walk in a branch to withdraw money. Yay me!

*Paying down/off debt – I have one store credit card and Visa with a measly balance I’d like to completely pay off. And with shear determination and some self discipline I can do them both in one year. Then I’ll be able to concentrate on my mastercard and student loans. I actually paid off the store credit card back in April/May and haven’t used it since. And I am happy to report I paid off the Visa as well. But sadly, I ran the balance back up.

*Hair maintenance – I wear a pony tail entirely too frequently, so I’m gonna commit to a better hair care regimen. I faired just ok with this resolution. I found a few styles that required little to no manipulation and sported those styles a few times, but of course the ponytail was present at least once a month…….not bad at all.

*Home Projects – new windows, new ceiling fan, new living room lighting, new carpet downstairs. I actually did very well here, I got new lighting in the living room and both bedrooms with ceiling fans. Additionally, I got that new carpet. The windows are the next thing to work on.

*Healthy living – I’d like to lose at least 15 pounds and exercise at least twice a week. I understand that by exercising the weight loss might turn to weight gain because muscles, but I’m cool with that, better fab than flab. Additionally, I’d like to increase my fruit and vegetable intake and cut down on the snacking. Man did I do poorly with this one. As opposed to losing that 15 pounds, I’m positive I gained it. URGH…….

*School – maintain focus to finish in December. I am happy to report that I maintained focus and I’m a final exam away from completing my last class. A local snow storm caused my final exam to be rescheduled to Jan 9, 2010……so wish me luck!

*Hobbies – take some classes for professional development as well as fun. I’d really like to take a class in cake decorating and banking & investing. Aw, heck naw……..this was a big fat fail.

*Reading – expand my reading selections; my personal reading preference is fiction by African American authors, well I’d like to expand to include self-help (personal finance) and mystery. Another big fat fail. I did continue my reading between semesters, but I stuck with the usual.

*Living – this year I’ve been much of a homebody, sitting around awaiting invitations to go out and be about. Well in 09, I aint having it. If I have to hit up happy our all by my lonesome, well I’ll do just that. I want to get out more; after all I have one life to live, so I might as well live it. Tomorrow is not promised people! I did get out and about more this year…..I hung out with some junior high friends as well as high school friends. I even went to see a band play twice, LOL. I connected with some NSU buddies and went to see them.

Overall, I’d say I did just ok with my new years resolutions. Needless to say 2010 is an opportunity to step it up. And I shall do just that………


Peace, Blessings and Laughs

No comments: